Wednesday, October 26, 2005

My pants

Sometimes I have an overwhelming urge to take my pants off. Not just because they're a little snugger than usual and I'd like to free the bicycle tires from any restraint. No, it's also my rebellious nature kicking in - a desire to say to the world around me, what does it really matter anyway? So I don't have any pants on, so what? Why can't I just walk around in my underwear if I feel like it?

But I won't do that because I'm pretty sure it would only lead to unwanted altercations with the authority figures in my life. Many, many, years ago, my group of friends (sb included) developed a wild and zany scavenger hunt game. One of the pieces of this game involved "group tasks" where the group participating in the game would perform some stunt together. One of those stunts was for everyone to stand up in unison, take off their pants, and then sit back down and go about thier business like nothing was unusual. This was to happen in a public place, preferably a bar or restaurant. That would be hilarious. I wish people would do more hilarious things, more often. Of course, we never did perform the stunt. It would just be too hard to keep a straight face through something that absurd. I could never do a prank or hidden camera show because I'd give away the joke before it even started.

Tonight I'm going to see Spoon and it's going to be sublime. Unless it's overrun with baby hipsters.

No comments: