Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Facial at the beauty school

I've been meaning to blog about my trip to Plaza Beauty School last Friday where I got a $15, hour long facial. I went with 2 other people and since they only have 2 facial rooms they set us up in the classroom with a hodgepodge of chairs, leg rests and tables. There were posters on the wall outlining the chemical make-up of hair dye. After they turned off the lights and cranked up the New Age music it was quite pleasant, even though a few times other students came barging in to get things. I think some of them were a little huffy that the customers took over their territory. I want to go back to Plaza, not necessarily to get another facial, but to take pictures of all the mannequin heads and old ladies in curlers under the dryers. There are mannequin heads everywhere with hairdos in various stages of completion. I don't know why I like mannequins so much; they're a pretty cheesy photo subject. I guess I find them surreal.

No comments: