Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Hi, I'm a pompous asshole



Happy Administrative Professionals Day! Read this article on Slate about one assistant's disdain for this "holiday". Doesn't that illustration perfectly capture the pompous boss look? "Oh, I'm taking you out to lunch so that immediately compensates for the horrific discrepancies in our incomes. I make enough each week to pay all your bills for half a year. How about Subway? How does that sound? Put away that fiver, it's your day!"

Though I don't presently work for a pompous asshole, I've dealt with more than I care to remember. I find that rich people are almost always obnoxious braggers. So you're going sailing in the British Virgin Islands for 2 weeks. Fantastic! Tell me all about it! I can't even afford to drive across town!

I'll have a few pictures of the Juke Joint Festival soon, including a racing pig! Woot!

No comments: