Thursday, April 20, 2006

Pandora

Pandora is a tee-totally cool and free streaming radio service that lets you create 100 different artist "stations". So if you type in "The Verve", it plays songs of similar artists for as long as you wish to listen. I've already discovered a shit load of new artists. I'll have to buy some songs from iTunes or get my deviant manager to steal them from Limewire.

I'm thinking about going to the Juke Joint Festival in Clarksdale, MS this Saturday. The only thing holding me back is a wedding that my boyfriend is obligated to attend. If I was a dutiful girlfriend I would go with him, but I don't even know the dude getting married. So if I can shake off the guilt I feel for not going, the festival might be a good ol' time. They have pig races and monkeys riding dogs (not sure if the latter is a race or just a demonstration). The animal events are of course secondary to the blues music, but I have to admit I'd be interested to see a monkey riding a dog. Though it could be slightly disturbing depending on the pairings of monkey and dog species. Hopefully they're little dainty monkeys. I envision hats.

1 comment:

theogeo said...

Pandora is great.

And this is the first I've heard of the Juke Joint Fest. It sounds awesome. Wish I didn't have to work!